Friday, October 22, 2010

Complete

Savannah Kate's first week home was filled with lots of family time.  She met both sets of grandparents, Uncle Hag, Uncle Justin, Aunt Sally and her cousins Caden and Charlie.  Charlie was born just one month earlier so it was really fun to see them together.  It was amazing to see the difference in size they were.  It really showed me how fast she is going to grow up.  I don't want to miss out on anything.  I find myself just watching her sleep sometimes and can't remember what life was like without her here with us.  It feels so much more complete now.

The huge blessing that I want to mention today is that I'm getting the opportunity to stay at home right now.  Which means that I have the chance to enjoy every minute with Savannah Kate.  I'm not sure if that opportunity would have been made available if we hadn't moved to Dallas.  Moving here was hard, we were leaving everything familiar behind.  I was leaving my job, our first house (that we had done a lot of work to and always imagined having our first child there) friends and a church that we both loved.  I always knew that God wanted us to move here from the moment Hunter told me the news, but I didn't know why.  Maybe there's a big, great plan or maybe it's as simple as getting to stay home for now.  Whatever the reason, we are happy here and can't wait to see what the future holds.


Kissing Charlie


Charlie and Savannah Kate strolling through the park


Trying to show off their matching outfits, but they just wanted to sleep


First bath!


No comments:

Post a Comment