Monday, February 3, 2014

Christmas

Oh how fun Christmas was this year!  Savannah Kate was no longer scared of Santa (majorly scared last year) and she was fully into "Alfie", our Elf on the Shelf.  It made Christmas so much more fun to prepare for this time.  I also taught her the story of Jesus' birth and why we celebrate Christmas.  She loved to talk about baby Jesus and sing him Happy Birthday.  We probably watched Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman 100 times and read every Christmas book we had every night, but I love that she was in the Spirit. 
 Our annual visit to see the trains at Northpark - actually went twice this year!
 Waiting in line for Santa
She was so proud of herself that as soon as we walked away she started jumping up and down saying "I did it!", "I wasn't scared!"  So adorable.  I'm sure it didn't hurt that I told her that this was the only way Santa was going to be bringing her any toys :)

This was the first year for Savannah Kate to be in a Christmas program at her preschool.  Starting in October, her class went to music every Thursday morning where they learned the songs to sing in the program.  She learned "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and "Angels We Have Heard on High".  Oh boy, did she ever love to sing these songs at the top of her lungs - especially when we were in the car!  The girl loves to sing :)  It was so sweet to see her class singing these precious songs, a memory I'll always have with me.
Our first time to have lights on the house!
1st Christmas was at our house before we left for our road trip.  SK loved her Pocahontas doll, pink horse truck and trailor and her dress up set.  It's funny to me that she's wearing the same pjs this year as last Christmas!
2nd Christmas with her cousins and my side of the family
 3rd Christmas and actual Christmas Day at Hunter's parent's house.  She got her very own saddle!
Loving her new saddle
I was 26 weeks!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment