Sunday, September 11, 2011

11 Months

Weight: 17 pounds 2 ounces
Height: 27 1/4 inches
Diapers: Size 3
Clothes: 6-9 months
Sleep: 10-12 hours at night with 2 naps during the day
Current loves: Opening and closing doors, feeding herself, and playing with water bottles
Dislikes: Me wiping her runny nose, diaper changing, and water - she acts like its the worst thing she's ever tasted
Teeth: Still only has her 2 bottom teeth

Savannah Kate has picked up a few new tricks this past month - waving, pulling up to standing and patting her belly on cue.  She pats her belly for me every morning, but will hardly ever do it in front of anyone else.  We'll have to work on that.  She pulled herself up to standing for the first time this past week.  I had walked out of the room for a second and came back in and much to my surprise found her standing!  I could not believe that I missed it!  I finally saw her pull up later that same day and now she's very busy pulling up on everything that she can.  It's so cute to walk into her room and see SK standing in her crib waiting for me.

I mentioned above that she loves to feed herself.  This has made mealtime a little more challenging!  I've learned that she does better if she has her own spoon and if it's food that she can pick up off the tray by herself.  This is great when it's snack time, but not so much for the main meals.  Right now, we are lucky to get her to take more than 5-10 bites at a meal.  Maybe she will start feeding herself with the spoon soon and that will solve all of this!

This new independence has also been noticed during bath time.  She likes to have her own wash rag so that we don't have to keep taking it from her to wash.  Don't get me wrong, I love that she is finding herself and wanting to be more independent - it's just made me have to be a little more creative with daily activities.  Oh yeah, and the temper tantrums have officially began!  I had no idea it was coming this early.  Sometimes it's hard not to laugh because she starts throwing things and crying and acting so sad.  SK already knows how to give me that puppy dog face!  Sometimes it works, but we have started to say "no" and makes sure she understands that we're not playing around.  Hearing "no" pretty much always causes a tantrum, but atleast they are predictable!

We are busy planning Savannah Kate's first birthday party!  Can't wait to see how she will like the cake :)

 Loves finding all the cheerios she dropped
 Just catching up on some mail
 Always falls asleep when we go for a run
 Thumbs up!
 Don't judge me, sometimes she would rather eat on the floor - she hates being in the highchair
 Playing with cousin Charlie at his 1st birthday party
This is what happens when I forget to zip up her diaper bag.  She can pop the lid off with her 2 teeth.
I didn't see her pull up, but this is her first picture standing on her own.  My hairbrush was sitting in the chair and that's what made her pull her.  She is obsessed with my hairbrush!

No comments:

Post a Comment