Tuesday, August 9, 2011

10 Months

Weight: 15 pounds 15 ounces
Height: 27 1/4 inches
Diapers: Size 3
Clothes: 6 months 
Sleep: 10-12 hours at night with 2 naps during the day.  She typically goes to bed at 8 and gets up around 8
Current loves: chasing after Belle, new clothes because she loves to chew on tags, and dancing to silly songs I make up
Dislikes: having her face wiped off after eating and hearing the word "no", especially when she tries to play with the electrical cords followed by being moved to a different place in the room
Teeth: Still only has her 2 bottom teeth, but I guess she doesn't need them because she chews with her gums

Between 9 and 10 months we've seen the most changes in Savannah Kate yet.  The biggest news is that she is now crawling!  This started a few weeks ago and she has been busy exploring ever since.  I learned the hard way that Belle's dog bones can no longer be left out on the floor anywhere - SK will find them.  Yuck!  It's amazing how fast she can get from room to room.  It's a good thing that this old house has an abnormal amount of doors, we can confide her to an area if we need to.  When I'm cooking, I can close both doors off and Savannah Kate will do circles around the island.  Poor thing never gives up trying to catch Belle.

Another new trick is that she can give a high five, which is so cute!  I was so proud to have taught her this trick, but then realized it was now probably going to be harder to get her to wave.  I've probably confused her a bit. 

Savannah Kate has also learned how to pick up food and feed herself.  It has to be something small, like a cheerio, puff or piece of fruit.  This has made eating and snack times much easier on me.  Giving her a handful of cheerios can keep her busy and very happy :)

One last big new thing is that Savannah Kate took a swim class a couple weeks ago at Dolphin Swim School.  She learned how to properly get in and out of the pool, how to monkey walk on the sides of the pool, and most importantly how to hold her breath UNDER the water.  That's right, she swam under the water!  SK always kept her eyes open, but never fussed or cried one time while diving her under.  It's amazing what you can teach these little kiddos to do.  I'm so glad we took the swim class when we did, because all the toddlers in her class were screaming the entire time because they were scared of the water.  I highly recommend doing this early before they know that it's scary.  We practice having her hold her breath in the bathtub every night by pouring water over her head.  When she knows it's coming, she looks down and holds her breath - smart baby!

Savannah Kate is still just as happy as ever.  She's starting to reach for me, which I love.  And she's starting to try and pull up on things, especially on my legs.  SK always wakes up in the morning in a great mood and immediately starts playing with her toys.  She plays so hard all day.  Sometimes she even falls asleep laying on top of them :)


Loving my first snowcone at the pool
Loves standing up - but not sure how to get back down after I've put her there
 My little helper while cooking
 She fell asleep on top of Teddy
After graduating from swim class, wish I had pictures of the
class but I was in the water with SK everyday
It's too hot to be outside for very long, so they like to look out and see what's going on
This new toy has been the only reason I've been able to cook lately. The only bad thing is that it puts songs like "She'll be coming around the mountain" in our heads for the rest of the night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment