Monday, November 14, 2011

13 Months

A perfect picture of happiness


Weight: 18 pounds
Height: 28 1/2 inches
Diapers: Size 3
Clothes: 6-12 months
Sleep: 11-12 hours at night with 2 naps during the day
Current loves: riding in her pink buggy car, iphones, and trying to get to the dog food bowl to eat some before I can pick it up off the floor (she won't eat applesauce, but she apparently loves dog food)
Dislikes: being taken out of the pink buggy car, most foods and being dropped off in the nursery or Mother's Day Out even though we do this several times a week
Teeth: 7 total - 4 on the top and 3 on the bottom and molars are breaking through on the right side

We've made several trips to the doctor in this last month and seem to be gradually meeting every doctor in our practice.  It's a good thing there are so many doctors because we go so much.  First, she got a rash a few days after her 12 month shots.  I had also switched her to whole milk so we had to make sure it wasn't a reaction to the milk.  She had been allergic to the milk based formula so I was worried about this when switching to whole milk.  It turns out that it was just a reaction to the vaccines and it was gone within a few days.  The next time, Savannah Kate had Hand Mouth Food disease.  Poor thing was covered in red sores and blisters along with a fever and lots of fussiness.  I understood her pain when a week later I also got HMF.  Those blisters were painful!  I'm actually surprised that she wasn't fussier than she was.  If there's anything I've learned it's that when Savannah Kate gets sick, I will also get sick.  Thankfully, Hunter was spared from this one.

Savannah Kate will still only eat foods that she can pick up and feed herself - maybe that's one reason she likes the dog food so much!  She's really into fruit - kiwi, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and bananas.  She loves macaroni and cheese and veggies that she can pick up, so no mashed potatos yet.  And her all time favorite thing to eat is Ritz crackers.  Those have served me well in public fussy moments.

The biting has gotten a little better.  It's mainly only right before bedtime so gets to go straight to the crib when the biting starts.  We tell her no, but she just laughs and thinks its funny.  Disciplining will be so fun!

Savannah Kate isn't walking yet, but she is just about able to stand up without holding on to something so I'm sure it won't be long.  She is a very fast crawler, she beats me every time we race.  She absolutly loves to have crawling races.  She can crawl up stairs and even our attic ladder.  She stands on top of the bumpers in the crib just so that she can get a couple inches higher off the bed.  I'm pretty sure she's going to be climbing out of her crib any day now, maybe even before walking.

She has added a few words to her vocabulary.  Along with Dada and Mama she can say no (which she always says while shaking her head while I'm trying to feed her).  She can also say wow and whoa.  Savannah Kate loves to say whoa, we hear that all the time and it's adorable.  I've heard her say bye bye, but only one time.  She has the waving down very well now.  Usually when I go in her room in the morning she is standing on the bumpers in the crib and waving at me.  I will really miss that when she starts climbing out.  It's such a sweet way to start our day. 

Everyday when Hunter gets home from work I say "Daddy's home".  I've been doing this with Belle for years so she starts running around and eagerly looking at the door waiting to be able to jump on him.  Now when I say "Daddy's home" both Belle and Savannah Kate race towards the door with such excitement.  I should get that on video tape someday because it's so cute.  Then when SK sees him she will wave hello until he picks her up.  Such a sweet girl.

 I'm 13 months?
 She loves to play with the credit card, maybe this is a bad sign
 At the yogurt shop in pjs
 Hunter is determined to make SK a country girl!
We enjoyed watching all the Rangers games
The last ride in her baby carseat
Sink baths are sometimes necessary before getting in the real bathtub


No comments:

Post a Comment