Sunday, April 10, 2011

Six Months Old

Savannah Kate is six months old!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone by.  She is so much fun right now.  She really seems to have a good personality and is happy almost all of the time.  She loves to smile and laugh for people.  I'm way behind on updating my blog, but here are the current stats:

Weight: 12 pounds 6 ounces (4th percentile)
Height: 24 inches (5th percentile)
Diapers: size 2
Clothes: 3-6 months in most brands, some 0-3 months
Current loves: blowing bubbles, going for walks, eating her toes and pulling Belle's hair
Sleep: Usually averages 10 hours a night and 2 naps during the day

I say usually on her sleep because we were doing great with the 10 hour average... up until this past week.  We are pretty sure that she is teething now because she is much fussier at night and waking up several times during the night very unhappy.  Most of the time we can get her to go back to sleep just by patting her on the belly for awhile and giving her the pacifier.  I know, I've heard I shouldn't let her use a pacifier to fall asleep, but it's hard to convince me of that when it's 3am!  She only seems to want the paci when she's tired, so maybe she'll out grow it.

From the first night Savannah Kate was born I've always swaddled her in a blanket to sleep.  She has seemed to love this so I kept wrapping her up like a peanut every night.  Now that she is six months old I know she is capable of rolling over in her crib so it scares me to have her swaddled.  I started leaving her unwrapped this week and I think that has been contributing to the problem of not sleeping well.  Unless she's in a very deep sleep, she is constantly moving her arms and legs around as if she doesn't know what to do with them.  It's funny to watch, but not funny that it tends to wake her up in the middle of the night.  I'm not sure what to do about this so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear!  I'm hoping that she will just get used to her arms and legs having freedom soon!  Otherwise, we will be swaddling her until she's a toddler I guess :)

She's doing much better with her eating, it seems that she is actually swallowing some of the food now.  For awhile there it was just running back down her chin :)  We're doing cereal twice a day and one other food.  Last night it was bananas - she made a funny face at first, but ate it all so I guess it wasn't too bad!  She also got it all in her nose, hair, and somehow on her eyelids.  We always go straight to the bathtub after eating!  Savannah Kate still loves her bath time, this is her special time with daddy every night. 

She's not sitting up on her own just yet, but we practice every day on a soft padded area (because there are lots of face plants!) 

God has truly blessed our family with Savannah Kate and the joy she brings to us everyday.  I've been overwhelmed with love.  Such an amazing feeling... all the glory goes to God!  I'm so glad I'm able to share her with you all. 


This actually happened by accident, but now she takes a little sip everyday to practice drinking water from a cup - she's also started a few sips of water from a sippy cup

At the doctor's office awaiting the horrible shots

This is Hunter's most favorite picture of her yet - because she is on a horse!

Going out for a walk

No comments:

Post a Comment